From Jenn Purnell
- 3 large onions, chopped up
- ½+ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar with a touch of brown sugar added
- Optional: 1 ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- Optional: ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¾ teaspoon parsley
- ¾ teaspoon marjoram
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon thyme
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 6 (28-ounce) cans whole Italian plum tomatoes.
- 9 heads roasted garlic, peeled (or 3 heads roasted elephant garlic, peeled)
Sauté the onion in the olive oil until soft, then add minced garlic.
Add everything except the tomatoes and roasted garlic.
Squish the tomatoes and add them (including the liquid!). Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes.
Add the roasted garlic, mix. Simmer for 45 minutes.